View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 06:35 PM   #9432
Bleeding Red
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
I don't see the point in discussing Sigalet and blaming him for the troubles in net. What does he have to work with? People like to say that goalies in Calgary haven't gotten better under his coaching, but that's just flat out wrong. What evidence do I have of this? You have to try hard NOT to look, actually.
So this is an old argument. If BT gave Sigalet Patrick Roy, then Sigalet would be a great coach. By that same measure, if GG had Gretzky on his team then GG would still be a head coach.

It's seemingly chicken & the egg.

Has BSD improved - yes. But, he is 1 of 11 goalies Sigalet has had to work with. Isn't Sigalet's job to get the most out of his players? Some feel that Flames Management sees that Sigalet has done the best he could with what was given him, which is why he is still around.

Others, like me, feel that this coach can't spot or correct issues and seemingly has no plan.

This is one area where I think they need an older, playoff tested, recently retired NHL goalie. Some perspective, ideas, guidance from someone who has been in the trenches (Turco, Osgoode, Giguare). Smith is not that guy mainly because he may still think he is playing for a contract.

Last edited by Bleeding Red; 02-10-2019 at 06:37 PM. Reason: spacing