View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 06:10 PM   #9431
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't see the point in discussing Sigalet and blaming him for the troubles in net. What does he have to work with? People like to say that goalies in Calgary haven't gotten better under his coaching, but that's just flat out wrong. What evidence do I have of this? You have to try hard NOT to look, actually.

David Rittich.

Is there a single poster on this forum that thinks David Rittich hasn't improved since he was signed? Can anyone claim that Rittich has basically plateaued since arriving in North America, or even since last season? I swear, Sigalet must have eaten your puppies for lunch and now you hate him.

Want another? How about Ramo? There was that article that Sigalet helped him with his game and got him back on track. When he was recalled from Stockton after that 'three headed monster' season, he was lights-out and the Flames were working their way back to the playoffs right up until he got injured.

Maybe.. just maybe... the Flames have had trouble finding good goalies? Maybe their prospects didn't work out because they just weren't that good? Most teams' other goalie prospects don't work out either, FYI.

I just find it a bit perplexing that people point at the goalie coaching position with an accusatory finger and say "That's the problem!", especially when we ALL are seeing David Rittich taking that big step this season.
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post: