View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 04:41 PM   #9429
LWcrowfoot
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
It happened around the time of that two goal game against Arizona. Whenever he has a good game people jump on the bandwagon of his potential. Ofc since then he hasn’t done much. But he sure is a tantalizing player to many here. You can say the same thing about Bennett but at least Sam when he’s not scoring influences the game more.
It's interesting that it wasn't that long ago it was Jankowski needing the promotion as Ryan was floundering.

Flames are getting good production from their bottom lines at the moment. 93-77-18 are developing some real chemistry with 88-10-21 providing good grit and timely scoring. I'd leave them alone.

Derek Ryan has six points in his last seven and...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino View Post
I would rather see Ryan in the middle of this line. I think he has a little more play making ability and could get Neal the puck in good spots.
...Mark Jankowski has three points (two goals) in his last five.

Back to Kasi's post.
Quote:
You can say the same thing about Bennett but at least Sam when he’s not scoring influences the game mor
Have you not seen Jankowski on the PK? He's probably our most effective PK'er outside of Lindholm in the forward rank. Better than Ryan and even Backlund this season IMO. Mark is 2nd for PK ice time per game (albeit slightly over Ryan, ten seconds over Backlund.).

The Flames have some issues at the moment but the bottom two lines aren't it. Smith is Smith and Rittich is having a rough patch. Treliving needs to focus most of his attention on goaltending IMO.