View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 01:53 PM   #9421
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
This is simply false and infuenced by your own personal biases against Bennett.

Tkachuk - Backlund - Bennett have spent 169.98 together 5v5 and in that time have 10 goals.

This is a rate of 3.53 Goals/60 minutes

In the last three seasons, here is a list of lines on the Flames to log at least 160 minutes and post a G/60 of 3.5 or better over that span:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm - 4.1

Gaudreau-Monahan-Ferland - 3.58

Tkachuk-Backlund-Bennett - 3.53

Let's look at other teams:

Edmonton:

McDavid-Hopkins-Rattie - 4.61

Maroon-McDavid-Draisaitl - 3.61

Tampa

Gourde-Point-Johnson - 3.96

Palat-Point-Johnson - 3.95

Johnson-Point-Kucherov - 3.92

Namestnikov-Stamkos-Kucherov - 3.82

Palat-Point-Kucherov - 3.51

Boston

Marchand-Krejci-Pastrnak - 4.43

Marchand-Nash-Pastrnak - 4.23

Washington

Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Wilson - 3.76

Vrana-Kuznetsov-Wilson - 3.70

Dallas

Benn-Seguin-Radulov - 3.87

Benn-Spezza-Seguin - 3.61

Need I go on?

Their "glaring lack of production" as a line has essentially been first line production.

So then please remind me, why are they not together then? If they’re as good as a line as you think they are, then why aren’t they still together? Why have they not spent more than 169 minutes together?

I see it the same ways Peters does. The 3M line works, it’s worked in the past, they generate a lot of zone time, they control the play and there’s chemistry that’s very noticeable from the second they skate together.

Lastly, I don’t have biases against Bennett. Any criticism that I had was to those who had ridiculously grandiose expectations that he could never live up to. I just saw him for exactly what he was and what I thought he’d become, a winger with a bull dog mentality who needs to play a physical, north-south game and chip in with 20-25 goals one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk