Thread: [CP Story] Home Woes
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 01:48 AM   #18
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Bingo, your conclusion is not to over think it because it is luck. Then again, some people say your work or preparation leads to luck.

You have brought out data that basically suggests they should be better at home than they are, but the only results that matter frankly don’t support it, rather they run contrary.

Well how about another hypothesis. Maybe the team’s potential is better than the coaches are getting from it

Coaching involves putting forth a game plan, and opposing coaches are doing the same, having researched your game plan.

At home, you have the benefit of choosing the right lines to implement your game plan, with last change. On the road, you live with the matchups you are dealt. Less control of coaches, better results where it matters.

At some point you have to question the indicators and weight opinions towards results.

Let’s talk about the PP. Tonight it had some success. The problem with the PP a lot of the time is that when they get control, they wait and look for the right person, while the other team has time to adjust their positioning and defend. Also that when they have control, I see often that they get themselves in 3 on 4 situations and fail to create localized situations where they outnumber the opponent. Tonight, a quick shot from Gio I think it was to get it on net, and a quick reaction from Tkachuk out front. This is something Tkachuk personally works on every practice, not obviously diagnosed as the success of systems work on the PP.

So can you conclude that the coaches’ work on the PP translate to results? I can’t. I actually attribute the PP success to the players tonight, due to the correct instinct and response in unpredictable situations

Maybe it’s the same deal in general.

You have a roster with higher expectations than actual results demonstrate. The coaches at home should theoretically have an advantage, an opportunity to tilt the game in their favour

Maybe the coaches are fine at putting forth a mediocre and competitive game plan, yet despite finding a way to generate advanced stats that support a hypothesis that the Flames are unlucky, are rather simply not making decisions that are helping the team to succeed beyond that of an effective staff

Last edited by DeluxeMoustache; 02-16-2018 at 01:51 AM.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote