View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 05:14 PM   #197
Groot
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I think you change the biologically female to a maximum hormone level you solve most of the issue. If you look at the South African Runner who may or may not be transgendered or just born with both organsher times dropped significantly when under hormone therapy required to compete. Then the IIAF lost lose suits around those hormone requirements allowing people to compete without taking hormone surpressing testosterone.

So I think the competitive side can be dealt with at the risk of excluding some biologically female athletes who happen to have testosterone levels above the limit.
While I admire the concept, hormone levels are far from the only biological difference in an athletic environment (there are plenty of articles that speak to it more eloquently than I could). And that means we get rid of men's and women's competition and replace them with "above hormone level X" and "below hormone level X". I'm out. That's absurd.

"We are proud to introduce the 2020 Under X Hormone Olympic boxing champion!" No chance.