View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 04:51 PM   #191
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groot View Post
Wow this thread is all over the map. I fully support any transgender individual in a social setting but the reality is there are biological differences between men and women that go deeper than hormones and surgery.

When a transgender female MMA fighter gives his biological female opponent a concussion, broken orbital bone, and she requires 7 staples in her head, after a single round, the competitive side becomes broken.

When a transgender female high-school athlete crushes 40 year old records with ease, the competitive side becomes broken.

When a transgender weightlifter breaks decade old records and beats her biologically female competition by over 45lbs, the competitive side is broken.

There are countless examples, and I'm all for social rights, but there was a reason for separation in a competitive athletic setting and social progression shouldn't break that.
I think you change the biologically female to a maximum hormone level you solve most of the issue. If you look at the South African Runner who may or may not be transgendered or just born with both organsher times dropped significantly when under hormone therapy required to compete. Then the IIAF lost lose suits around those hormone requirements allowing people to compete without taking hormone surpressing testosterone.

So I think the competitive side can be dealt with at the risk of excluding some biologically female athletes who happen to have testosterone levels above the limit.