View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #12
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

here's an interview with HockeyFuture after his MVP performance at the Beanpot tournament a few weeks ago:

Hockey's Future: How was it playing in your first Beanpot and being named the MVP?

John Gaudreau:
It was awesome getting the MVP, but it was an even better to win my very first Beanpot. It was such a great experience. Being able to hold that Beanpot Trophy was just an awesome feeling.

HF:
Can you talk briefly about making the adjustment from the USHL to the college game?

JG:
I think the biggest factor for me was the speed of the college game. I'm always working on my speed because I'm not as fast as I would like to be. So I think that's been the biggest one, along with my turnovers. I'm trying to limit my turnovers, especially at the blue line. It's something that I know that I have to stop doing and am learning how to limit them. The coaches have been helping me with that in practice, so that's really helped.

HF:
What is it like being part of the Calgary Flames organization?

JG:
It's awesome. They've been really great to me. When I was at their prospect camp, I felt like I was already a part of the Flames because they've treated me so well. I think it'll be a good fit for me and hopefully I'll be able to play with them some day.

HF:
So you were at their prospects camp over the summer?

JG:
Yes

HF:
What did you learn from the camp that you were able to bring with you to Boston College this year?

JG:
Definitely speed. Playing some of those guys, you get to see just how fast they are. I learned how to play smarter all over the rink with these big, strong guys. So it definitely helped out a lot before coming to Boston College.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post: