View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 12:44 PM   #38
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac98 View Post
All perfectly fine answers my friend. To be fair though, your first post on topic seemed to indicate it was more about you wanting credit for the gifts and less about the teachings and equality for the less fortunate as supported in this reply.

All the same, there’s no wrong answer here. We all face different realities and provide our Christmas’ as we best deem fit and/or are able to.

I as well practice moderation and teaching of supporting less fortunate. My kids ask for 2,3 things a year from Santa as driven by me from an early age. Often a main gift and then something smaller like the newest ‘Diary of a Wimpy Kid’ book for example.

We have helped out at the mustard seed, I have dressed up as a 6’2 220lbs elf spending Christmas Eve delivering meals and presents to the less fortunate through Rotary Club, we’ve gone to the Children’s Hospital and asked for a family to provide a wish list for their child, themselves, and their siblings and provided them a Christmas as all their money is tied up in medical fees, and every Christmas Eve as tradition we hit the Tim’s drive thru and buy the order of the person behind us and drive away before they can identify us or catch up to us to wave a thanks.

I am a big proponent of Christmas and work hard to have my children understand the true meanings. We also have many discussions around religion and visit church, but that’s a topic not for me as religion is very personal to all.

Whatever your method, you’re doing it right for you. Merry Christmas friend.
to be perfectly honest I do want some credit too, over santa.
even if it's just for the extra thank you's and extra hugs.
plus to be seen by your kid to be giving them something they want instead of usually saying no.
get to feel kinda like a hero.

I know family and love is more than about just giving things to kids, but it's nice to be able to do so sometimes.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote