View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 08:34 PM   #2724
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
I don't think many people "hate" Bennett (except in GTs, where everyone gets hated)

its more of an acceptance that Bennett will never reach his potential in Calgary, which doesn't mean that he won't do that somewhere else.

While people can argue that he has not gotten first line minutes, he's certainly been tried out with the top units on more than a number of occasions and has never risen to the opportunity.

Take a guy like Mangi; he started out on the bottom line, but through his play in games and presumably practice, he was given a chance to move up the lineup. And to his credit, he has done just that. Mangi wasn't gifted squat.

I don't think Bennett has done anything to suggest he 'deserves' to move up the lineup.

Yeah being the best player in the playoffs, point per game even, didn’t warrant any kind of look.

You do know Mangiapane is a bottom six player right now, right?

Mangiapane is on a 9 game streak with zero points on the second line.
Bennett got 7 minutes with Johnny and Monny one day. A long time ago.

You know that when Lindholm agreed to play Center, they agreed to give him a dozen games. Tell me again about the great opportunities Bennett has gotten

I know, I know. Bennett takes lazy penalties, often stick infractions like that trip against Toronto.

Great insight
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote