View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 07:56 AM   #19
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesaver View Post
This post only shows you have abolutely no clue who JJ really is. He is an addict to hard work. Even when he is 70 his work ethic will put you and me in shame.
First of all, I never said that was the case, I said it was possible. And no, I've never met him. But I also think that lots of vets do this - look at Neidermayer late in his career, he did the same thing, except missing whole parts of the season. If he was "addicted" to hard work, why was missing training camp "because of Treliving" a big deal? And where was he working out beforehand?
It's not because he's unused to playing with a new team, and he'd already been coached by GG. What I have read about Jagr is that he always does things his own way. It's why he refused to work on backwards skating. Or crabbing at Kevin Constantine about having a number of says to "sign off" on his rules. Or what happened in Washington.

But the most important point to me is that blame is laid at the feet of Treliving for not moving quickly enough. I find that hard to believe, knowing how he likes to get signings done with new players quickly.

ETA: Jagr has sat out portions of camps with his other teams fairly often (NJ, Philly for instance). He always found he could recover and he feels like he knows his body best, so I expect he thought the last season would be similar.

Last edited by GioforPM; 05-09-2019 at 08:29 AM.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote