View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 12:44 PM   #52
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
Every time this topic comes up, it's the same thing.

You can think it's a bad idea to look at Iggy and think both parties should move on without spinning a narrative that doesn't / didn't exist.

There was talk before the season the Flames may have looked at Iggy (prior to Jagr), and some comments he was warm to it.

Way back when he was traded, he was probably excited to move on to a team that had a shot at a cup when the Flames were entering a rebuild.

This notion the Flames have some kind of grudge against him and he never would have considered coming back is completely a fabrication by a few of you every time this subject comes up.

You don't need to spin wild speculation to put forth you think it's best both sides moved on.
I don't think the Flames have a grudge against him, the opposite actually. I think if Iginla wanted to be a Flame again, it would have happened long before now. He moved on quite happily, and so should the fans. It's kind of sad that people still dwell on him like this.

Besides that, he has nothing to offer. The last thing our energy line needs is an old and slow player and our checking line doesn't need a player who is historically not a defensive player. And I am pretty sure hour top 6 doesn't need a player that is coming off surgery and missed most of the year.