View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 08:49 AM   #3734
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Shantz View Post
Except one of them is wrong.
That number was painted there for a reason. It is either a 6 or a 9.
One of them is ignoring the larger context and refusing to acknowledge that their point of view does not include all of the relevant information that will lead them to the correct conclusion.

This picture is a great example of exactly what is wrong with a lot of people these days, their belief that their opinion is unassailable and that they don't need to try to see beyond their own narrow view.

We see it way too often in politics these days.
1) it's a 6
2) no, it's a 9
1) that doesn't make sense, why would there be an upside down 5 and 7 on either side of a 9
2) FAKE NEWS!

I'm not saying this is you, I just like pointing out the complete irony of this particular image.
Interesting take, what's not to say its not stylize "g" and not a number at all...

Perspective is everything and the fact that people believe their opinion is unassailable becomes the biggest factor, you look at that and say its painted why? Is that how it looks from your perspective? Why does one side have to be 100% right?

I don't believe there is any irony in this image... we as a society need to look at things from all angles, even the ones we don't agree with and have discussions... peaceful, rational discussions. While emotion is powerful, it often clouds us and prevents us from any kind of meaningful discussion that could bring about change.

I understand the protests but i don't agree with the means and actions of some of the protesters/rioters/looters/activists. I understand the police and the job they have, I don't always agree with the actions/force used by individual police officers.

But I do know that making choices based on emotion and acting out of anger does nothing to promote meaningful discussion and change, it breeds distrust and caution from the other party and never creates common ground.