View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 02:45 PM   #37
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathgod View Post
Hockey and curling are what I care about most at the Olympics. If the NHL isn't going to Beijing, it's up to Hockey Canada to figure out how to ice a better team than the one they did at these games. On the womens side I don't know what improvements can be made as the US just seemed more determined to win than our women were.

As for curling, Koe and Homan just couldn't quite seem to figure the ice out. Homan in particular has some head-scratching misses on relatively easy shots. Not sure what the remedy here is other than to hope for better ice in Beijing?

Also, I wonder how Canada will do in ice dancing. There is no truly replacing Virtue and Moir, but hopefully another pair can step up to the plate.
I don't agree about the hockey, the Russians had a baked in advantage sanctioned by the IOC. As to the German team, its a shame they could not ride their luck all the way but this tournament was up there in significance with the Novice 11 Esso Cup competition(no disrespect to those kids intended). As to the women, the US probably had one coming and Canada is in transition to a younger team.

Curling, well it was kind of about time they got spanked and we need to go back to ruthless players like Jacobs and Jones who only care about winning. These two teams seemed just happy to be there, in particular Homan's team commented that this pressure, attention was "way beyond anything they had faced before". Perhaps stay off social media or learn to deal with it.

Ice Dancing, well there only one Virtue and Moir, they cannot be replaced. To me what they did tops the English Ice dancing pair Torville and Dean. Legendary and one of a kind.

Last edited by Flamenspiel; 03-01-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote