View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 08:59 PM   #400
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
There are long-sleeve button-up 'dressy' shirts that are made specifically to be untucked (and as a result look awful when they are tucked). Were these shirts cut to be tucked or untucked? If the front shirt tail ended at or just before the crotch of the shorts, it was meant to be tucked. Straight or "tailed" hem doesn't always tell the whole story since both can be made to be worn untucked (though -- generally -- the hem is a good indicator).

Shorts and a dress shirt with the sleeves rolled... again, if the shirt has a cut that works for wearing it untucked, then I don't really see it being a big deal.

But a long sleeve dress shirt with the sleeves at full length and shorts? That sounds awful to wear especially if it's hot enough to wear shorts.

It was a straighter hem, so it didn't look slopppy or anything. I just can't fathom why you would wear a long sleeve dress shirt versus a collared polo/golf shirt or even a more casual long sleeve shirt if you didn't want to be cold. My first thought is that all he must have in his closet are long sleeved dress shirts...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote