View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 06:18 PM   #398
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
Related question -- I was on vacation and saw more than one person wearing shorts (probably khakis, didn't really notice) but also a long sleeve button down dress shirt. One guy had the sleeves rolled up a few inches, but another guy had the full sleeve going. Both went untucked.

Is this a thing? The last thing I would want to wear with shorts is a long sleeve dress shirt, but that's just me...
There are long-sleeve button-up 'dressy' shirts that are made specifically to be untucked (and as a result look awful when they are tucked). Were these shirts cut to be tucked or untucked? If the front shirt tail ended at or just before the crotch of the shorts, it was meant to be tucked. Straight or "tailed" hem doesn't always tell the whole story since both can be made to be worn untucked (though -- generally -- the hem is a good indicator).

Shorts and a dress shirt with the sleeves rolled... again, if the shirt has a cut that works for wearing it untucked, then I don't really see it being a big deal.

But a long sleeve dress shirt with the sleeves at full length and shorts? That sounds awful to wear especially if it's hot enough to wear shorts.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote