View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 04:39 PM   #387
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
I just pictured a schlubby chiropractor who shops at Jos Banks.
yes,

and no.

Again, I'm not trying to piss anyone off, and I certainly wasn't trying to conflate Ed Hardy with any normal dress. I'm only trying to make the point that what you wear communicates a lot to the rest of the world, more than whatever comes out of your mouth. It's just something to consider when picking your outfits. Think about what the clothes say and then be comfortable with the image you are putting out there.

I was bristling against the idea that anyone should wear whatever they feel because there's no such thing as age appropriate clothing, or that it doesn't matter. I don't have time to go into every example, but there are a lot of people dressing too young for their age, and to be air, maybe I'm dressing too old for my age by not wearing jeans. However, if people see me that way, I'm completely comfortable with that.

I should also mention that context matters a LOT in the choice of clothing. For example, the super hero tee:

1. Wearing it to a barbecue. Amazing! Great choice.
2. Wearing it on a date. Yeesh, not ideal, but it may depend on the social setting and person you're going after.
3. Wearing it to a wedding. Yeah dude, you screwed up.

The right clothes for the right occasion or setting.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote