View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 06:46 PM   #1
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:
Thumbs up The trials and tribulations of Glen Gulutzan

With the Flames presently losing 2-0 early to Nashville while playing rather poorly, I'd like to just take this opportunity to voice my opinion on Glen Gulutzan.

I think he's great.

He led the Flames to a 17-point improvement in his first season and they've started rather well again this year. While certain players have had issues with discipline, that's not reflective on Gulutzan's system as a whole, in my opinion.

The failures of Sam Bennett and Dougie Hamilton to stay out of the penalty box early on shouldn't distract you from the fact that Gulutzan has done a good job crafting an effective system, if a tad complex. His staff has formulated effective special-teams units employing players outside the obvious at times (Versteeg on the point on the PP, Brouwer on the PK) who work very well in their roles. He's developed a system that very favourably suits Mike Smith's puck-handling style, enabling the Flames to break out of their own zone very well.

I'm very satisfied with how Gulutzan is coaching this team, and I'd like to see him continue in his role.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post: