View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 11:14 AM   #48
IamNotKenKing
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverKast View Post
I know it's nitpicking but we don't actually pay him $16.25M over the next 3 seasons - that's his cap hit. His actual pay is less than that, around $13M. I think Skinners actual pay is around $52M going by Puckpedia.

I guess I think of contract in terms of cap hit and actual dollars paid, I know if I was an owner that actual dollars paid would be a big factor - look at Ottawa's owner for an example of that sort of thinking.

Where would a players contract fall on the spectrum if you could add him to your team and his actual dollars were only say $1M per year but his cap hit was $7M for another 5 years as the previous team paid it all up front? I know it's looking at it from the far end of the spectrum and is unrealistic, but I'm just wondering how that sort of scenario would make people look at it.
If we are going to pick that nit, let's pick it completely.

CapFriendly says Lucic's cap hit to us is $5.25MM per year, so $15.75MM as the Oilers pay $750K.

Also, his actual salary is set off by the same 8%, I believe, so it is $3.68MM, $5.4MM, $3.68MM for these final three years, totaling $11.96MM in actual cash.

Also, to stang, I believe he can be waived to be moved to the taxi squad, he just has to agree to do so.

Point being: Not a good contract by ANY stretch, but not the worst in the league, now, in my opinion. Many listed on here are worse.
IamNotKenKing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IamNotKenKing For This Useful Post: