View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 04:12 PM   #146
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
No, this is in fact the exact problematic statement.

I feel like it's largely just getting passed over here, but this is a perfect example of how we as a society might inadvertently treat people of colour differently. Someone pointing that out isn't because they want to see it. Red made the same comment about my exception to Banana phone being referenced in this thread.

Just because you don't think you were being racist by doing something does not absolve that action as inherently racist. Intent actually doesn't matter.
It's largely getting passed over here because most people agree the comments with regard to Kane have had nothing to do with the colour of his skin. (Banana-phone comment aside, perhaps a better approach would have been to politely, and correctly, point out that using that term in a thread involving a Black or Asian person could be easily misconstrued. Not everyone is as woke as you.)

I think there are many times where discussions around race are necessary and enlightening, but what I find ironic is that by bringing race into conversations when it's not warranted "we as a society might inadvertently treat people of colour differently".
BloodFetish is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BloodFetish For This Useful Post: