View Single Post
Old 03-17-2022, 01:50 PM   #38
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
Can't speak for anyone else. But for a personal laptop, I was looking for thin/light, good screen, long lasting battery, and snappy performance for day to day things.

It seemed you had to get around the $1k USD range to get those things.
That sounds about right and that's the range I'm sitting in as well when I obtain laptops.

Depending on the definition of thin/light/size, I got all of that in laptops for $1K ish CAD (excluding accessories like mouse/dock etc.). All the laptops have like minimum 2-3 hours battery life on max performance on standard batteries and we can stretch that up into the 7+ hour range on a full charge with battery saver and airplane mode. I haven't bothered looking into high capacity batteries. Everything is snappy with the newer i5 processors and M2 SSD. The keyboards on the gaming laptops are pretty decent for long typing sessions too.

I feel like at work we are throwing a ton at these things but they never really have to work too hard... with the exception of certain updates. I'm just curious what usage I'm not aware of that others are nabbing machines for 50-100% more to self proclaim just work or do school.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote