View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 01:02 PM   #3209
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikephoen View Post
I liked Horizon Zero Dawn a lot more than God of War. I didn't even finish God of War and I don't understand the love for it. I found neither the story nor the game play interesting. I had never played any previous God of War games, so I'm not sure if that lack of backstory was what made it unenjoyable for me. Or maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for that sort of game when I played it.

I sometimes think about giving it another try, but there are always more games I want to play than time for playing them, so I might never get back to give it another try.

I highly recommend Horizon though, I thought it was a lot of fun to play and I liked the story a lot as well.
The GOW formula was getting a little stale so and they did a good job transitioning to more of a story based action/puzzle game. That said it wasn't perfect as it was the far opposite of an open world game to the point your movement was so restricted in most environments it felt like you were playing a game on rails. The story was fantastic, best of the series as was the combat. I don't think it deserves all the hype it got but at the same time I consider it a very good game.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote