View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 12:31 PM   #21
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ah, that's one other thing I recall with range extenders and routers vs Mesh. Hand off is so much better and there's far less drops.

There are a few devices that don't like mesh networks (ie: My Anova hates it as I can get details from it, but not control it), but I'd easily take the trade off vs power line adapters, modems, extenders etc. and a mesh network is so much easier to set up.

But based on what you're describing, the ability to have a mesh network node on each floor in theory should allow you to get consistent 60-70 mbps by reducing dead zones and it should also have better hand off so you should get far less drops and stalls vs your current system.

The other nice thing is if suddenly you want to add another node for a specific reason (get too used to nice speeds and want a specific node somewhere), you can and it will quickly and easily mesh with the mesh. Same if a node fails and you have to replace it. Far less individual set up with those things to get them to play nicely together.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote