View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 09:54 PM   #262
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
They pulled out in the summer. Apparently they weren't selling enough units to warrant the expense of bringing the TV's to Canada to sell at small margins with the extra expenses of Canada specific documentation and English/French packaging, etc. The added sales slump of the pandemic kind of sealed the deal. I was kind of surprised as I thought they were doing well up here as I own a Vizio and know several people that also own them.
Argh - totally didn't know this. Will be interesting to see how Costco handles this from an extended warranty perspective - hopefully they just give store credit. My 1.5 yr old P65-F1 just developed a problem with the inputs / remote (arising from bad firmware regarding CEC inputs I think) and it's still within Vizio warranty. They claim to be sending me a new Quantum set as a warranty replacement - fingers crossed...

This aside, I really regret not going for the Sony I had originally intended on buying at the time. Quality has been flaky on this set, particularly the inputs cutting out. SmartTV functions are terrible on this and won't work unless you enable ACR, which lets Vizio mine data on the titles of what you're watching. Wouldn't recommend regardless.

Last edited by I-Hate-Hulse; 11-02-2020 at 10:01 PM.
I-Hate-Hulse is offline   Reply With Quote