View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 11:19 PM   #28
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron von Kriterium View Post
Based on this thread, I purchased this game last weekend. I had to scrap my first ship after I reached a situation with low power and running out of resources to remedy the situation. I obviously went too big, too soon, which was too bad because the ship was taking shape along the lines of USS Sulaco.

I also had an issue prior to the power outages where the crew suddenly put on space suits. I checked all of the gas levels and everything was green. I put scrubbers in the crew's barracks and mess and that solved the issue, but they didn't like the scrubbers for comfort reasons.

Nice ship idea, my next one, I'm going to try to shape like the Galactica. with the one launch hanger with mining pods, and the other with multiple shuttles.

The scrubbers are important, one way you can get around thing is centralize your o2 production and leaving vents open on your doors except for your food room and manufacturing.

Notes on the Mintas.

4 guns two shields and 1 scanner.

8 engines, so I can carry about 13000 tonnes of cargo

I've got every manufacturing device except for the gun building printer, why build guns when I can take them from my enemies

I have a crew of about 16 right now. My growth room has two quad beds and 6 duel beds. I grow 6 oranges 4 veggies 4 meats and 2 fibres.

my power generators are seperated. the one in the engine room powers all of my engines and manufacturing. The mid ship one controls mid ship functions and my grow room.

The one on the upper left powers my crew quarters bridge weapons array. The one on the right controls my prison, guest quarters weapons and scanners.

The solar powers are linked into my power grid to add to everything.

my cargo bins are sorted, I have bins in manufacturing for fuel and energy rods. For raw materials and finished goods. the bin in the food center holds all food stuffs. The one in the med bay holds all medical supplies. I have a bin for guns by the shuttle, and bins by the weapons array that hold power cells (ammunition).

I have three washrooms on the ship which keeps people from pooping their pants.

I have two shuttles, but if I was going to build anything it would be another airlock. But I can strip ships in seconds with two shuttle bays.

I seperated my food room with space ship doors to control the environment. I use space ship doors as well for the engine/manufacturing room, that way I have sealed environments. I have lots of air scrubbers in the engine room because of fires, and lots of oxygen and thermal controllers through the ship.

If I was going to design the ship, I'd want to have a more logical layout with access hall ways, instead of people having to travel through rooms. I'd seperate engineering from manufacturing. And I'd just build one big crew quarter instead of different ones. I'd also like to build a dedicated massive cargo hold. as centralized storage. and then have specific sorted bins.

Oh in terms of lighting, don't go too crazy on it because they drain power like crazy. If I have a section that isn't needed to have human interaction I leave it dark. So there's the scanner room on the top right, and the solar power room just off the med bay that I deft sort of dark.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 07-03-2020 at 11:22 PM.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote