View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 10:59 PM   #42
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

DIY tarantula island is hard now because of the mole crickets.. they spawn underground anywhere, and they're a pita to find and dig up. But what I've managed to do a couple of times now is basically do the island like you were going to do a diy island but leave at least one tree (palm tree is what I usually do), and one stump if you are missing any stump spawns.

I bring a stack of weeds with me and since the mole crickets can't spawn under weeds I plant up a good chunk of the rest of the island, basically limiting the ground spawns to a certain area. Leave the banks open to get at the water beetles.. then I try to figure out how many bug spawns there are by running around and listening for the mole crickets and shooing away/catching other bugs. The last two islands I had there was 5 spawns.. I'll despawn the mole crickets by planting more weeds by them until I know I've got two of those, then the rest seem to cycle pretty easily. Run to the stones to clear the wharf roaches, scare away any of the tiger beetles, and catch the jeweled beetle from the stump if you need it. On the last remaining tree an atlas month should spawn (3000 I think), dig holes around the tree to stop yourself from getting too close but you still have to walk up very slow to get it.

At that point I just scare away the bugs I don't want and catch the atlas moths and water beetles, not as lucrative as tarantulas but still not bad. Out of a full inventory of bugs I think I ended up with 7 tarantulas.

I also found garbage island, where very fish is a tire, a boot, or a can. Works great to get the achievement and get the recipes I guess.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post: