View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 10:41 AM   #1165
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frequitude View Post
I still can’t bring myself to watch the final concert and documentary on my PVR or listen to his final album. I don’t know why exactly. It’s not that I’m worried about being sad, I...just don’t want to deal with it. Getting to both Calgary shows was just such a perfect ending. I don’t want to think of the Hip after that moment. Just the 25 years up to it. WTF hey.
I totally get it. I went to the last show in Edmonton and despite the heavy emotional energy pulsing through the arena it still felt fun and celebratory.

The Kingston show on CBC was FAR more intimate. They follow the band backstage and every angle is right there, up close and personal. I was noticeably more emotional watching that than I was live, but it was still an amazing and cathartic experience in its own way.

I watch the concert occasionally, and I've seen the documentary maybe twice. They Kingston concert didn't taint the Edmonton show for me, but I get wanting to hold on to that perfect decrescendo.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post: