View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 01:25 PM   #148
Juggernaught
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
I am still baffled by Vancouver's decision to let him walk. Yes, they are up against the wall with the cap. However, even ignoring Ferland's likelihood of LTIR, let's just look at Baertchi.

He will make $3.666M this year. If they send him down, they save $1.075M in cap. Then they pay Leivo $0.875M. They have improved the team and saved $200K at the same time.

Absolutely baffling.
Benning has already stated they want to get the young guys into the line-up (Hoglander, Lind, Podkolzin) so you have to make room at that position pure and simple.

Having said that, I liked Josh Leivo a lot as a Canuck's fan. I thought he was just starting to find his game when he shattered his kneecap. If you think you're going to be slotting him onto the fourth line you're wrong...not his game. He can play up the line-up from the third line if fully recovered. He is streaky but on a bargain of a contract that show's he's betting on himself. I think the Flames got a really nice player that has decent upside yet. He's on a one year deal so I wouldn't fork out your cash for a Leivo jersey.
Juggernaught is offline   Reply With Quote