Thread: Windows Phone 7
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #45
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
Just switched to a Nokia Lumia 800 for my work phone. The 900 would have been a lot nicer, but we're with Telus so 800 it is.

Speaking of Telus... I figured out that Nokia has actually released 4 updated versions of Windows Phone 7.5 specifically for the Telus models, which Telus has never applied to their phones, or even passed along to their customers. I had to download a hacked copy of the Nokia Store Tools suite just to install the updated Telus firmware for my Telus phone, because Telus wouldn't give it to me. Some things just never change...
i am in exactly the same boat with the win mobile platform; your last paragraph concerns me because the last thing that this platform needs is fragmentation. were they critical updates or were they just patches for other phones or carriers?

one other comment wrt the lumia 8/900s, they can only get to iteration 7.8 and not the full windows mobile 8 when it is released.

as much as i would like to see blackberry succeed...i cannot believe that RIM thinks that their recent performance does anything to convince decisionmakers to stick with them. if RIM just delivered what they said they were going to deliver, when they said they were going to deliver it, how they said that they were going to deliver it, i wouldn't consider the win platform.

thanks fanin80 for your post; good to know that i am not the only one wondering about the win mobile platform.