View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #80
OBCT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Street Pharmacist:

It sounds like a great console gaming projector. It seems it's minor imperfections are made more evident when viewing HD movies, for some reason; the 3D functionality appears very limited.

It sounds like it's very bright, which is extra helpful in well-lit rooms, or rooms with windows or other sources of glare. The downside to this can be a washed-out look (ie. darks not dark), though based on the reviews I found, this doesn't seem to be an issue for most. Don't expect plamsa panel contrast levels, though.

The fact it also has pretty decent speakers (allegedly) is another plus. You could probably get away without speaker supplementation, given a small room.

For the price, it looks like a very good value. Overall, given your space limitations, I would certainly consider this unit. Is it available for purchase somewhere that would allow you to try it out no-risk for a week? It would be best to view all your sources on it and judge for yourself before dropping $800 "blind".

Also, I'm not sure what pricing you're looking at in Canada, but the GT720 is available for well under $700, shipped, down here Stateside. J&R Music and Computer World, Amazon, BestBuy, Buy.com and eBay could be worth investigating.