View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #64
OBCT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
Hey guys I just set up an ir transmitter so I can have all my components behind shelf and I have run into a problem. I cannot for the life of me find the remote code for my receiver. The system is onkyo s 5100 and receiver is ht r560 any help would be great!

Ok so I have audio as well as switching functions. To turn off the receiver I needed to add another setting. Anyone know if there is a code that will do it all in one? Also I can't seem to find a button that will switch from a and b speakers.
This seems like a common - and strangely difficult to fix - problem. Here are a couple of people with a near-identical issue and no resolution. [link]

Not that it has direct bearing on your question, but I'm wondering what make and model your remote and IR transmitter are. Sometimes the manufacturer of these items will have a comprehensive list of supported codes.

Otherwise, Onkyo really should have that information readily available... somehwere. You could always call or email them (though they are not known for speedy customer service). [link]

One website states that your code is going to be one of these three: 209, 214, 240. No harm in trying, I suppose. *shrug*

I actually own almost the identical Onkyo home theater in a box system as you do. After adding a PS3 to my entertainment center this winter, the jumble of remotes needed to do everything I wanted to do was getting complicated and cluttered. I decided to buy a used older Harmony remote on eBay. It works great for my receiver (all the basic stuff worked automatically once I ran the program wizard), and can be customized to accommodate most special functions, such as switching speakers A/B.

The reason I bring this up is not to suggest that you go out and get exactly what I have, but to show that there is a working code for our otherwise unlisted receivers - in Harmony's database, at least - and that theoretically, it shouldn't be too hard to find. Maybe drop Harmony a line? [link]

I'm not sure if companies pay/get paid big bucks for these lists and therefore have incentive to keep them secret. It would be great if they were all published freely somewhere.

(who knows, maybe they are and I just can't find 'em?)

Good luck in your search!!