Thread: RIP Eddie Money
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 09:59 PM   #18
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

MRM: Can you tell us about your time with the New York City Police Department?

Quote:
Money: I got thrown out of shop class in high school. I don’t know about you, but these shop class teachers use pressure points to get you the ground and squeeze your neck. When I grew up, some teachers were pretty tough. And I got thrown out of shop class. It took me like three years to make a salad bowl. And I was taking typing in high school. And then I went on to the police department because my brother was in Vietnam and my dad was a cop. So, I just thought that would be a good thing for me to do. And I ended up typing the roll calls because I took typing in high school. (When first at NYPD) They said can anybody type, and they looked around the room, and I was a police trainee. I said I could type. So, I wound up working 8 to 4 instead of working around the clock. Also, the other trainees had to work 8 to 4, 4 to 12, 12 to 8. But me, I was typing roll calls, so I worked days.
MRM: How did you approach Ronnie Spector to be featured in the song “Take Me Home Tonight?”

Quote:
Money: Well, in the song it says, “Just like Ronnie sang” and it said, “Just like Ronnie sang, be my little baby.” I think that song was very successful because of that chorus in it. “Take me home tonight. I don’t want to let you go until you see the light,” and then it had “be my little baby” in it, which was a big hit that Ronnie Spector did (with the Ronettes). And I called her up, and I asked her if she wanted to be in the video and sing on the record. And she agreed. And we have been friends every since.

http://www.musicrecallmagazine.com/i...r-eddie-money/