View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 08:54 AM   #217
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Thanks for shedding some light for "people like me" on a few issues that aren't readily available for those of us who don't have professional experience with the law.

The only point I'd argue is that the slippery slope argument continues to pop up, and while I understand that some may see it being there despite maybe the grade not being steep, with have multiple federal examples and decades worth of evidence where the slippery slope that this apparently creates has led to... nothing.

I think it's important to look at this issue and take issue with it based on what it is, which I can fully understand, not some imaginary slope to nowhere. Our imaginations are wide, but when reality gives you something to base your predictions on, there's no sense ignoring it.
So then I would ask this; ignoring the slippery slope why should we allow the police to force people to take a breathalyzer when the data shows drunk driving has come down at the same rates of countries who have taken this step? Why trade away freedom when it may not actually help?
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote