View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
Nehkara
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default theHunter - The Best, Most Realistic Hunting Game

I have been playing this game since around its release in 2009 off and on. It is a LOT of fun and very different from a lot of other hunting games. This game attempts to come closer to realism. It isn't a shooting game where animals just run all over the place right in front of you and you blast away. There is a lot of tracking, setting up ambushes, calling, and stalking involved. The graphics engine is excellent (especially for this type of game) and the game is just a load of fun.

Recently the game celebrated its 1 millionth registered user!

The game has a free-to-play base, this includes one location to hunt, one weapon to use, one species to hunt, and some other basic equipment. You can play forever this way if you want.

TRY IT OUT! I would very strongly encourage anyone interested to at least give the game a try since it is free and not a huge download (around 900mb).

If you want more, you can buy a membership ($3.75 to 5/month depending on term). Memberships are non-recurring and give you access to all five hunting locations and the ability to hunt all 13 species in the game. Equipment is purchased using a form of virtual currency called em$. You can also get various starter packs that include a bunch of equipment and a membership for significant discounts.

The developers are awesome, they communicate with the community a lot and are constantly adding improvements, features, new areas, new equipment, and new species to the game.

The game is launched through the website but installed locally on your hard drive. Once you create an account the website tracks all of your hunts, statistics, the animals you get, photos etc. There are missions and leaderboards and competitions. There is a minor RPG aspect as well as your character has skills which improve over time which include shooting, tracking, and spotting.

Anyway... WAY too much blathering by me. Feel free to ask me any questons you have about the game or venture into the forum for the game and explore it! Awesome trailer, links, and screenshots below:

theHunter Website

theHunter Forums

Also, the developers are trying to get theHunter on to Steam through the Steam Greenlight project. Please take a moment to vote for the game through this link, to bring it closer to release on Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=94011364

Screenshots:

Spoiler!

Huge thanks to Dion for the signature!

Last edited by Nehkara; 11-28-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Nehkara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nehkara For This Useful Post: