View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 02:48 PM   #1553
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think Canada would be been quite competitive in the hex with a great shot at top 4 - maybe I am optimistic but I think this current squad could have done that. And the B tournament is a bit of a joke. The 4th place hex team should not be let back into the tournament after the B champ crawls over 28 other nations. It's like CONCACAF wanted to eliminate those 29 nations right off the hop but legally had to include them.

For me the slim chance there is totally hinges on if CONCACAF draws CONMEBOL in the inter confed playoff. Anyone else there is a remote chance, but if they get South America, I think I have a better chance of winning the lottery. That'll probably be Chile, Columbia or Peru who I feel will destroy Canada even if they win the 3 or 4 tough home and aways before that.

Should be a classic CONCACAF early stages cakewalk until the quarters unless their luck is really bad. So real competition is likely home and aways vs. three of Panama, Curacao, Haiti, Trini and that other group Arsenal described. Then home and away against Costa Rica or Honduras. Home and Away against inter confed. 10 meaningful games and Canada needs to win or draw almost every one (barring racking up a big goal diff in one leg).

For me this is way way harder/slimmer margin for error than going into the hex and picking up 3 or 4 wins in 6 games against CR, Honduras and Jamaica.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote