View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 07:14 PM   #11
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Energy Rods are huge, they basically are your generator fuel. The first thing that I always built after the Recycler and composter is the Energy Refiner which creates hyper fuel and Energy Rods from the raw materials that I forget the name of.

The problem is as you go through your solar systems the asteroids containing the energy Rod material get rare.

The best way to get them is either by stripping abandoned ships which you'll get like 5 or 6. Or and its the way I do it is via trade.

The best trading materials are hyper fuel raw food, Fuits Veggies and meats. And medical supplies. Oh and guns.

The best way to slow down the use is to go solar for energy production, I got into the habit of building generators for power but the more and bigger you build the faster you deplete. So I usually have one or two generators, but build a lot of solar and then use the Generators to patch in with less energy use.

Oh a tip they don't talk about. If you use solar, besides building capacitors. when you drop out of hyper space, drop as close as you can to the sun or you'll get intermittent power failures.

Water and Elerium (power Rods) are the most essential thing to surviving.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: