View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 12:24 PM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default Space Haven thread, or how I conquored the universe

I thought I'd put this up as a thread for anyone that's playing this game because its a rabbit hole game and once you get into it, its addictive.

The basic premise is that there was a apocolypse on Earth and man took to the Stars to find a rumored eden world to resettle.

Instead of being an organized program, it was everyman for themselves and because of that you are pretty much responsible for recruiting a crew and adding to it, designing and building a ship, and finding resources so you can survive.

This is actually a really cool ship design simulation as you have to figure out everything from defense, power, life support, food production, manufacturing materials, etc.

So when you play this game, you really have to be juggling a lot of different balls and the learning curve can be steep. I've started over multiple times as I've learned new things. Also be warned this game is in development so features and requirements for survival can change as you go.

So far what I've learned.

Energy Rods, Food Production and Water and Fuel are life.

You're crew mix is crucial, you need to find or recruit experts in botany, mining and construction and industry to do well. As well you need those intrepid brave souls for ship boarding that won't panic in the face of aliens. Be careful when you choose a crew man.

Pre sketch out your ship if you can, there's a great sketching tool, if you don't you will get a mish mash illogical ugly ship that's impossible for your crew to work in or find their way around.

When it comes to manufacturing its best to focus on refining raw material to building materials first, as well as producing energy Rods and fuel and water as fast as you can.

Understand how storage space works. and food growing works in terms of fertilizer and water and CO2.

Don't be afraid to recycle dead aliens and humans into usable components. Also in a pinch alien monster meat is delicious.

Make sure you track your crew relationship. I didn't and my doctor and navigator hated each other, so the doctor pretty much let my navigator die on the operating table.

When you take a derelict absolutely do strip it to nothing, you can recycle everything from the Hull and different blocks to continue to build your ship.

don't build too fast, This is huge, be patient with your ship design. You can't build a Star Destroyer right off of the bat.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote