View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 09:56 PM   #12
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec304 View Post
I am also a beginner. I started taking lessons on my own as well as with lessons since 2020 started. I read the first 4 chapters of "guitar for dummies" and have been practising the major CAGED chords.

I also downloaded the "Tabs" app, although everything there seems too hard for me to try yet.

I will check out the link above to Marty Music.

Any easy songs you beginners like to practice???
I started with I can't get no satisfaction, just the opening riff. Also the opening riff to come as you are by Nirvana is pretty simple. For the major chords I found A and E really simple to get used to but D was a struggle at first. G was not too bad but I hate C. F U C-chord! I think part of it might be because I got smoked by a drunk driver back in 99 and my upper right bone compound fractured and literally came out of my arm, my arm was attached by tendons. So they put a big metal rod in there and a plate and some screws but the radial nerve was severely damaged. I had no movement in my right hand for over a year, had to wear a glove with elastics on the fingers to try and get them to move. I recovered but not fully so it makes it hard to reach some things on the fret board. I think if I work at it enough I can train my fingers to react better, kind of good therapy actually.
dissentowner is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post: