View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 04:52 PM   #3
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've played guitar for a long time but actually wasn't playing much for the last few years. Around November I started playing regularly again and totally fell in love with the instrument again, and I've actually been able to improve my playing considerably in a short period of time.

There is simply an abundance of resources online. I think they key is not to bounce around from one website/youtube channel/app to another all the time. Find a few that you like and try to key in on some lessons there. The other thing is, do the lessons, and then practice in a focused manner, not just messing around while you watch tv. Giving a technique your full attention will help you make strides on that technique much faster. Try to be playing at least a little bit every day.
One of the better youtube channels I've found is "Your Guitar Sage". I also bought a cheap fingerstyle course on Udemy that has been pretty good for acoustic playing.

The other thing that really helps is learn songs that you love. You already know them so once you start putting the pieces together you will gain confidence. Grab some tabs online and focus in on learning them part by part, and then you'll have a repertoire of songs you can always just play and keep practicing to sound good.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994

Last edited by Igottago; 03-13-2020 at 04:59 PM.
Igottago is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Igottago For This Useful Post: