View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 12:48 PM   #19
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

IDK, man. Sucks you're in a contract you don't want, but delegating away signing authority on anything is not the greatest. I run a business, too, and I'm the only one that signs anything. Every bill hits my desk, I verify and initial it. Then 30 days later I see my initialed bill again when it's time to pay, so every bill I'm literally double checking. It's a bit of a PITA, but at least I can see everything before it's paid. Then at month-end I print off my statement and go through all of my cheques one by one to make sure everything I paid is something I actually wanted to pay.

This contract thing is lame, but would be lamer is somebody embezzling from you. Letting anyone other than you have signing authority is the quickest way to compromise your company's finances.

I did have the contract extension thing happen to me once. Luckily it was just a year I had to pay and not five. They let me negotiate it down to their lowest monthly service charge in exchange for me not taking any of the service (since I didn't need it). Maybe there's an opportunity to pay them something to get out of it?
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote