View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 02:54 PM   #962
LWcrowfoot
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Definitely -- I don't think anyone outside the studios knows the full extent of the deal, but I would bet after this current set of movies releases (Avengers/Far From Home) they'll push hard to get Spider-Man back into the Sony universe to showdown with Venom and whoever else.
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/12...-future-hopes/

Recent thoughts from Amy Pascal

Quote:
“I think about crying,” Pascal said of a potential Spidey break-up. “I can only hope for a future where things work out. I've known [Marvel Studios president] Kevin [Feige] since he was Avi [Arad]'s very, very quiet assistant, who for many years sat in that room listening to us and being so much smarter than any of us without any of us realizing. I will say that working with Marvel has been one of the highlights of my professional career.”
Situations change, jobs change but as of right now doesn't look to be a concern. I know she produced Homecoming but now she's not with Sony so who knows.

As for the original deal, here is what's out there. It seems very beneficial to Sony however.

Quote:
Spider-Man: Homecoming is still financed and distributed by Sony Pictures (i.e. they pay for 100% of it), and Sony gets the box office, but Marvel Studios produced the film and served as the “creative lead.” That means Feige and the Marvel Studios braintrust helped pick the director and cast, helped craft the film’s tone and style, and made sure to bring something fresh and new to character that audiences are already very familiar with. In short, they made a Marvel Studios Spider-Man movie.
Quote:
So what does Marvel Studios get in return out of this deal? Besides getting to play with a toy they’ve been eyeing for a very long time now, they get to use Tom Holland’s Peter Parker in a set number of MCU movies (five in total, per this initial agreement, including Homecoming and its sequel)
The five picture deal is interesting. Does that mean Far from Home is the last one?

-Civil War
-Homecoming
-Avengers Infinity War
-Avengers Endgame
-Far From Home

Amazing how quickly the resume builds up for the Marvel actors with all the crossover. Holland seems to love being Spidy however and can't imagine not having another couple stand alone Spider-Man movies.
LWcrowfoot is offline   Reply With Quote