View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 11:30 AM   #124
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I guess i think about it like, were I dying in a ditch, would I want to wait there in my current, non-screaming anguish, for a couple hours,
Don't forget the part that during those few hours you'll likely get torn apart by any coyote, bear, or the odd raven in the area that wants to be a jerk. Although that still seems better than a snowbrush. I'd take a tire iron over that though. But it makes leaving it there for a few hours seem a lot worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Sooo....lets play a game, its called:

"How would you Euthanize an injured Deer with just whats in your car?"
That actually brings up a good point, not only about 'deer euthanization' that I was discussing the other day with some friends.

How many people drive (and I'll limit this to outside of the city) with very little emergency supplies to even get themselves out of a ditch or snow covered parking lot?

Any way, to indulge in your game (and I'll only list things that would actually work quickly, and that I regularly carry):

Truck:
- 24" bolt cutters
- hatchet
- buck knife

Car:
- knife
- tire iron (l shaped, not the X style, which I agree would be tough)
- even the spare tire on a steel rim might do a quick enough job, antlers might get in the way though

To Envitro's point - Agreed, but I don't think anyone's really defending the method the RCMP used here. It was beyond stupid.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote