View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 08:59 AM   #270
Bleeding Red
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Thanks!

I'm an Event Planner.

Knowing that I would be out there face-to-face with VIPs, attendees, and sponsors, I do try to present as personable and outgoing. I think my sales job is missing the close.

I try to avoid the standard interviewee questions about office culture. I ask about their events - what do you want from your next event? How many do you hold? Does everyone in the office help out at the event (team atmosphere)? Have your events grown in attendance? What's the worst thing that happened at your last event? Are you open to new ideas?

I don't research a company down to the last detail. I mostly study their website - history, members/clients, product/service, and, of course, events. I like to be able to mention their events by name in the interview (you had Harper speak at last year's gala; You held your last conference at the BMO center).

I avoid the "what do you like about working here" question till the second interview (have yet to ask it in a few years). My last 2 interviews were with a consultant (no insight there) and the company CEO (I am sure he loves it).

I never thought about asking them if they think I might be a good fit at the end of the interview.

Last edited by Bleeding Red; 01-11-2019 at 09:00 AM. Reason: space
Bleeding Red is offline   Reply With Quote