View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 09:41 PM   #39
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
I just replaced our KitchenAid dishwasher that was installed back in 2012. It was probably a great dishwasher when new, but it was clear the previous owners of the house didn't take good care of it, so it was pretty bad at doing the one thing we asked of it -- washing dishes properly.

Miele and Bosch were the two brands I settled on after doing my research. The big kicker with the Miele was the upfront cost for what we wanted, it was pretty pricey and the Bosch I liked was cheaper and significantly quieter. Reviews basically said Miele is the champion, and Bosch was #2. Repair rates I found were not significantly worse for Bosch versus Miele (Miele was better, that said).

We ended up with the Bosch SHXM98W75N. It is QUIET (only 39 dBA!), and the dishes look friggin' magnificent. I installed it myself and it was a breeze. I'd recommend picking up a dishwasher installation kit if you're doing it yourself, as the dishwasher doesn't come with the 90 degree elbow for the hot water line. We've had it for two weeks and no regrets at all.
I think that this is the newer version of my Bosch. We love it! Very quiet, top row cutlery, and when used with salt in the built in water softener, amazing clean. We never rinse, and I do try to use the sterilize feature especially during cold and flu season. It was a bit more expensive but I would buy the same again or maybe even the next model up.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote