View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 09:52 AM   #3851
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
I was super sick when I was in San Diego (unrelated to the trip, went down hacking and coughing).

Exploring the Gaslamp District was fun, walked around the convention centre (didn't go in), took a tour of PetCo Park, went to the zoo, enjoyed some beer at Stone Brewing, explored the USS Midway aircraft carrier. Strolled around Little Italy, and it's on my list to do again.

Also the song from the Visit San Diego commercial is catchy... mmm I love that summer feeling, now I'm here I'm never leaving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
I went San Diego last March. The weather was around 20c. The area is beautiful. I especially like Torrey Pines state reserve (not the golf course) The hiking trails and views of the beach and ocean were great. Del Mar was also really nice. Carbrillo national monument had great views.

If I went back i'd try to drive up the coast a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
I’ve been to San Diego and the area quite a few times. Just went again for New Years. Let me know if you have any questions.
San Diego looks to have no shortage of variety of things to do from nature (del Mar and Torey Pines national park), sights (La Jolla cove, sunset cliffs natural park), districts (Gaslamp Quarters, Little Italy) and more traditional attractions like SeaWorld, Zoo and the monument.

Wonder if there's anything else that you guys found that you particularly enjoyed that might not be obvious to a first time visitor. I think we may also plan to go to Disneyland after 3-4 days in San Diego to finish off our trip.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote