View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 08:21 PM   #28
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Red View Post
Once over the "resume pile", I found that the biggest sticking point preventing moving to the next step is the dreaded "what's your salary range?" question. I have tried to avoid it buy saying that I am not chasing the money, etc., but can rarely get away without giving a number that I am never sure is too high or too low.
One way I tackle that question is I say something along the lines of:

"Salary is definitely an important part of the equation for both of us, but right now we are discovering if this position is a fit for you and I. Once we have determined that it is a fit for us both, I am positive we can come to terms on an acceptable salary."

Usually that works for at least the first interview (usually phone/screen interview) - the longer you can go down the path without giving them a number, the better it is for you.

It's such a garbage question though - I have NEVER seen a company flat out say no to an extra couple thousand on salary if they have the person they desire for the position.

Another thing if you have some money is check out Ramit Sethi's dream job course:

https://www.iwillteachyoutoberich.com/

My wife and I both did it, and both of us landed jobs using his tips that increased each of our salaries by more than 30%. In my case, i almost tripled my salary.
I_H8_Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I_H8_Crawford For This Useful Post: