View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 12:56 PM   #57
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I think that there's going to be an absolute shock to the more hardcore group of smokers or consumers that believe that legalization will mean that they can buy from anyone, grow massive crops, smoke it anywhere at anytime.

If/when this does get legalized its going to be pretty strictly regulated.
As someone who hangs out with quite a few smokers I feel like I can say pretty confidently that very few, if any people, think this is the case.

But it also depends on what you mean by your list of shocking revalations.

1) Buy from anyone? No. But can I buy a bud off my friend because I don't feel like travelling to the store, no different than bumming a cigarette or a beer off your friend? Yes.

2) Grow massive crops? No. But I do think I should be able to have a plant or two if I want, no different than people making their own beer/wine. However, this is probably where the hardest line will be drawn. I would think only medical users could do that. (That said, is someone really going to bust you for growing a plant in your house?). And only a special few people will actually want to make the time it takes to properly care for the plants. These are potheads we're talking about. Too lazy to cook their own food, but will take meticulous care of a plant? No.

3) Smoke it anywhere anytime? No. I shouldn't be able to light up indoors if it's not my house. I don't want cigarette smokers doing that. I don't even want vapes doing that. And if they can, can I vape weed inside? But walking my dog through a park? Yeah, I should be able to do that as long as I'm being respectful and keeping my distance from other people.