View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 11:44 AM   #53
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
I missed the pre-prelims. What happened?
Just a case where Phillips won the first two rounds, maybe not as much as Joe Rogan was calling but I doubt anyone would strongly disagree (maybe other would have it 1-1) but once the 3rd started Duke pretty much steamed rolled her and not only broke Phillips but easily appeared to be the better fighter.

The technique that Rogan was criticizing Duke for and rally behind Phillips in his call was the exact technique Duke used to break Phillips

If the fight went another round or even 30 seconds there is zero doubt that Duke would have finished Phillips very easily... Phillips had no fight and I'm not sure if she even threw 5 strikes in the 3rd (I assumed she did but it appeared that one sided)

Just a case where rounds 1 and 2 decide the winner of the fight and the 3rd round showed who the better fighter was and who won the fight... but scroecard wise tells a different story. Judges are not wrong as I would have no issues how any judge would score that fight

Phillips couldn't even do a proper post fight interview or even cheer a victory because she was so defeated (drain dead)

Being Duke's 3rd loss in a row now there's a good chance that Duke can be cut loose by the UFC

Last edited by Hanna Sniper; 07-27-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Hanna Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post: