View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #41
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Yeller View Post
Don't do it man, you'll take years off your life through drywall dust, frustration, and your non happy wife.

As someone who did an entire basement reno and thought "pfff how hard can taping/mudding be?" ... the answer is:

"VERY ####ING HARD"

I joke around that the whole reason I sold that house and moved was because of the drywall job I did in the basement... secretly I'm only half kidding.
I hear ya brother. My first mudding experience was in my basement too and I hated the way it turned out. I gradually got better at it as I've now done two washrooms as well but the only reason I think they turned out better is becuase they were so much smaller and I didn't overwhelm myself.

And oh that drywall dust.......it dries you skin into tanned cowhide. Sanding the ceiling was certainly a joy, my favourite part in fact. Sand till you cant see anymore, whipe off goggles, get dust in your eyes despite wearing goggles, go have a shower afterwards and basically cry drywall dust out of your eyes. Next time I'm just going to do a suspended ceiling.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post: