View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 08:15 PM   #7
Hackey
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
From my testimonial for Travis:

That house sat on the market for 3 or 4 months, and eventually sold for $35K less than mine sold for. And the house was in a better part of the community from mine. (Further from Stoney, less traffic noise.) Not only was there a far superior market plan, but also with an experienced realtor there was a number of minor things that Travis had me do. You don't get that with a discount brokerage; or even with some less skilled realtors.

Short version, I spent $16K selling my home with Travis, and got $35K more than the discount brokerage. And not only did we have it done in 3 or 4 days, but had we not, I would have been super stressed. I had already put a deposit down on the new house. So simple math plus no stress makes this an easy question for me.

I also see a lot of houses on the market from walking my dog everywhere. I see a pattern where the discount places tend to stay on the market longer. Part of that is marketing, and part is that you don't have a partner telling you what to do. Those Realtor commercials are over the top corny, but they have a ring of truth to them.
If the other home truly did sell $35k under yours I have to assume there were reasons for that. The condition of the home could have been poor. The improvements could have been a lot worse. Maybe they were offering a low commission to the buyers agent. If your house was getting a lot of traffic then agents would likely be taking their clients to the other home as well if it was so similar in the same area.